Soils are fundamental in addressing important environmental issues. ISRIC’s mission is to unlock global soil information. This is a big task for a small organization. We cannot do this alone.
This page is listing the main partners we are collaborating with.
- The WDC-Soils is a regular member of the ICSU World Data System (WDS) ; the WDS is registered as a Participating Organization in GEO.
- ISRIC is a proud member of Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN). GODAN works to support global efforts to make agricultural and nutritionally relevant data available, accessible, and usable for application worldwide.
- Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) : FAO is mandated by nations to support their food and agriculture development, with soils being an important carrier for agricultural activities. ISRIC and FAO collaborate in the development of soil information systems to support broad scale analyses of food production and agricultural development, in the broader context of sustainable land management and climate change mitigation.
- Institute for Environment and Sustainability (JRC-IES, European Commission) : Collaboration to jointly develop new approaches in the areas of global and regional soil and land resources.
- Centre for Development and Environment (CDE) : ISRIC is actively collaborating with CDE in the World Overview of Conservation Approaches and Technologies (WOCAT) since 1992.
- Global Soil Partnership (GSP) : ISRIC – World Soil Information is member of the GSP. We are contributing to training of national staff members in soil data handling, World Reference Base, and Digital Soil Mapping, mainly in support of GSP Pillars 4 and 5.
- International Soil Carbon Network (ISCN) : A self-chartered, international, collaborative organization composed of scientists who recognize a need for and value in large-scale synthesis of soil carbon science.
- ISRIC is an associate member of OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) a consortium that promotes open system standards in the area of geoinformatics.
- ISRIC is registered as Civil Society Organization CSO) accredited to the Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). We support the Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) Target Setting Programme.
- ISRIC is an affiliate member of the International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA).
- ISRIC - World Soil Information collaborates with or performs (targetted) research for a number of institutions like the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS), UNEP-GEF, International Fund for Agricultural Development (GreenWaterCredits); see our ongoing collaborative projects.
- Wageningen University & Research (Wageningen UR) : Provides a range of services aimed at facilitating ISRIC’s operations, such as financial accounting, human resources management, housing, and legal advice. Further, ISRIC and Wageningen UR staff collaborate on several externally-funded projects; ISRIC staff are guest lecturers in a range of courses of the University; Wageningen UR staff, students and international visitors regularly visit the ISRIC World Soil Museum for educational purposes.
- Bill and Milanda Gates Foundation (Rik)
- AGRA – accra
- The Nature Conservancy, di Bossio
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Unesco (David Rossiter)
- ISRIC signed a cooperative agreement with Chinese IARRP/CAAS
- Collaborative agreement Soil Research Institute of Ghana (CSIR-SRI) and ISRIC